Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Not Good at Sharing!

I have just agreed to let someone else ride my horse at an eventing clinic Joya and I are doing this weekend. I'll be riding her too, but young T. will borrow Joya for the show-jumping and cross-country portions of the clinic.

I was not easily convinced. My arm is still sore from all the twisting. I hope I made the right decision -- Joya will probably learn something, and I will have a chance to watch her from the ground, which is always instructive.

But it got me thinking about what would be the equivalent, for a non-rider, to my agreeing to loan someone my horse.

Here's what I came up with: a combination of me loaning out my first-born child, and my brother-in-law letting someone else drive his Porsche Boxster. The first-born child covers the "you want to borrow MY BABY????" feeling, and the Boxster covers the "this is something that flies, and needs expert handling, and must not be scratched or dented" factor. (And probably, now that I think about it, the "you want to borrow MY BABY" part as well, at least as far as my b-in-l is concerned.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!