Thursday, October 1, 2009

Helicopter coverage, anyone?

My horse safari on South Africa's whale coast starts in just a couple of weeks, so I've been filling out forms full of questions about my riding abilities, my preferred type of horse, my weight (the nerve!), etc. etc.

Among my favorite questions: "Does your medical insurance cover evacuation by helicopter?"

Doesn't that make you stop and think for a minute? Doesn't it give this horse safari a certain James Bond glow? It's the illusion that we'll be living life on the edge...within a reality that includes a cozy bed and a glass or two of nice South African wine at the end of each day.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Joya's new boots would make many a fashionista jealous.
    Your horse safari sounds exciting. How did you answer the question about nerve, which you have in abundance?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!